This hands-on activity is a great way for your students to practice sorting basic categories. You can make your own by cutting out cloud shapes and raindrops and writing categories and items on them or let us save you the trouble with our printable pages. For just $4.99 a month or $49.99 for a year, you can access and print as many different materials as you want! The time it will save you is worth it!
What you need:
- Clouds and raindrops (If you are making your own, glue the clouds to a blank page.)
- Velcro pieces (optional) placed on the back of the raindrop pieces and under the clouds. This works best if the papers are first laminated.
What to do:
- Place the clouds in front of the students.
- Mix up the raindrop pieces. Place them on the table or pass them out to the students.
- Have the students match the raindrops to the cloud with the category that it belongs in.
Give each student a cloud or two and have him/her find the raindrops that go with his/her cloud(s).
This printable includes ten cloud pages with categories on them and five raindrops for each cloud. It is available in both color and black and white versions.