Here’s a cute, easy craft that you can do with your students this spring. Work on following directions or have them earn the pieces through speech and language tasks. They’ll be proud to take them home!
What you need for each chick:
- a large, yellow pom pom (You can buy 2″ ones at craft stores or do like I did and make them. Grab some yellow yarn and look up a quick tutorial online for directions. I wrapped the yarn around two fingers for this size.)
- 1/2 of an orange pipe cleaner
- 2 googly eyes
- glue (craft glue or hot glue)
- magnet or clothespin (optional)
What to do:
- Cut off a small piece (approx. 3/4″) of pipe cleaner and bend it in half to make the beak.
- Bend the rest of the pipe cleaner into two loops and twist the ends together to make the feet.
- Glue the eyes, beak, and feet onto the pom pom.
- Add a magnet or clothespin if you’d like.