These Thanksgiving picture cards can be used in so many ways and with almost every age group. I’ve found that students often enjoy the activities even more if you let them reach in a bag and pick out their picture cards. Included are 20 pictures which are available in color and black and white line drawings, as well as an interactive version.
With one set of printed cards or the interactive file, you can work on…
- naming vocabulary words
- using the words in sentences
- describing the pictures with three attributes each
- answering “wh” questions (Where is it found? What do you do with it?)
Print two sets of the cards and…
- work on matching or same vs. different
- play “Go Fish” to work on turn-taking, asking and answering questions, and even describing (Have older students ask questions such as “Do you have corn that has a husk?”)
- play concentration and have students use the words in a sentence
Interactive Material: This material includes an interactive version that can be used in teletherapy. The file can be uploaded to Google Slides or opened in PowerPoint. Make sure to use this file in slide show/presentation mode. When used in PowerPoint, the picture cards will flip over as each one is clicked. When used in Google Slides, the pictures will appear in order from left to right when you click anywhere on the screen.