These Thanksgiving picture cards can be used in so many ways and with almost every age group. I’ve found that students often enjoy the activities even more if you let them reach in a bag and pick out their picture cards. Included are 20 pictures which are available in color and black and white line drawings.
With one set of cards you can work on…
- naming vocabulary words
- using the words in sentences
- describing the pictures with three attributes each
- answering “wh” questions (Where is it found? What do you do with it?)
Print two sets of the cards and…
- work on matching or same vs. different
- play “Go Fish” to work on turn taking, asking and answering questions, and even describing (Have older students ask questions such as “Do you have corn that has a husk?”)
- play concentration and have students use the words in a sentence
Please leave a comment if you find another way we can all use these picture cards. Happy Thanksgiving!