How can you mend a broken heart?
Simple! Find the heart halves with words that go together, and “voila”, you’ve saved Valentine’s Day! Your students can work on antonyms with the printable or interactive version. There are three levels of difficulty that each contain 18 antonym pairs.
- Mix the heart halves up on the table and have students take turns putting matches together.
- Hide the heart halves around the room. Have the students find the halves, bring them back to the table, and pair them up.
- Play a mini game of Go Fish with the heart halves.
- Place magnetic tape on the back of the heart halves, and let the students make their matches on the board, metal cabinet, or cookie sheet.
- Play Memory with the heart halves.
Interactive Material: This material includes an interactive version that can be used in teletherapy. The file can be uploaded to Google Slides or opened in PowerPoint and then shared with the student. In order to drag-and-drop the pieces, make sure you are in edit mode (NOT in presentation mode). If you are using PowerPoint, you’ll need to enable editing.