This popcorn-themed activity is a fun way to build vocabulary skills. Students match popcorn pieces to the popcorn container that is labeled with its synonym. This printable contains 20 popcorn containers, 80 popcorn pieces with synonyms, and 4 blank popcorn pieces. It is available in color and black and white versions.
What you need:
- Popcorn containers and pieces, printed and cut apart.
- Velcro pieces (optional) placed on the top part of the popcorn container and the back of the popcorn pieces.. This works best if the papers are first laminated.
What to do:
- Place the popcorn containers in front of the students.
- Mix up popcorn pieces up. Place them on the table or pass them out to the students.
- Have the students match the popcorn pieces to the container that they belong in.
Give each student a container or two and have him/her find the popcorn pieces that go with his/her container.