Work some St. Patrick’s Day gold into your therapy sessions with this category sorting activity! There are ten category cards and five items for each category, creating 50 chances for your students to sort items into their categories!
What you need:
- Printed pot and gold coin pages with coins cut apart.
- Velcro pieces (optional) placed on the back of the coin pieces and around the pots. This works best if the papers are first laminated.
What to do:
- Place the pots in front of the students.
- Mix up the coin pieces. Place them on the table or pass them out to the students.
- Have the students match the coins to the pot with the category that it belongs in.
Give each student a pot or two and have him/her find the coins that go with his/her pot(s).