Paper Plate Lion Activity for Speech Therapy
Make this adorable “Speech Lion” with your students that are working on /l/ and then send it home for carryover!
What you need:
- small paper plate
- any color of paper
- googly eyes
- beans/macaroni (for the lion’s nose and mouth)
- stapler (optional)
What to do:
- Cut speech bubbles out of the piece of paper and write target words on them.
- Glue the eyes, nose, and mouth on the back of the paper plate.
- After the child practices a word, glue its speech bubble to the outside edge of the paper plate. You can staple it if you don’t want to worry about it falling off or not drying in time.
- When you are finished, send it home with the child for carryover!
This cute idea was posted on our Facebook group page by Laurie Harriman, MA CCC-SLP, and is being shared with you with her permission. Laurie is the owner of a private practice in Saco, Maine (USA) and can be contacted at email@example.com.
If you have a speech or language therapy idea that you would like to share, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.