Make an adorable (hungry) alien by reusing a plastic container. Your students will be eager to feed him their speech and language cards, which works as a great incentive for them!
What you need:
- a clean, plastic container with a lid
- felt, colored paper, foil or paint to cover the container
- googly eyes
- other detail items (e.g., pipe cleaners, straws), optional
What to do:
- Cover the base of the container with felt, paper, foil, or paint. Make sure that the lid can still fit on.
- Use the scissors to cut a slit in the lid that is big enough for your cards to fit through.
- To cover the lid, put it upside down on your covering material (e.g., felt, paper, etc.) and trace around the outside of the lid and inside the slit. Cut the material out and glue it onto the lid, making sure to line up the slit on the covering with the slit on the lid.
- Add details, such as eyes, antennae, etc.
How to use it:
Students earn cards or pieces of paper for completing speech and language tasks, which they get to “feed” to the alien.
- Printable Space Materials – World Space Week is the first full week of October.