I found this fun, hands-on activity over at Fun Learning for Kids and thought it could be a great activity for therapy sessions. With a few simple items, you can make a wall with gingerbread men that can be decorated over and over again! Set it up once and use it in each of your sessions!
What you need:
- Contact paper
- Brown construction paper
- Items to decorate with (googly eyes, rick rack, buttons, jewels, pom poms, etc.)
What to do:
- Cut out the brown construction paper into gingerbread men shapes.
- Tape them to the wall.
- Peel the backing off of the Contact paper and tape it to the wall with the sticky side facing out.
- Put the decorating pieces on a tray where the students can reach them.
- Have your students earn decorating pieces throughout the session and then let them decorate a gingerbread man at the end.
For more pictures and details, visit Fun Learning for Kids to see the original post.