Keep your students motivated this Christmas season with a hands-on reinforcement activity. This quick and easy candy cane craft can be used with any goal and can be enjoyed by students of all ages.
What you need:
- candy cane craft page provided, printed on white cardstock (one page for every three students)
- red paper or cardstock
- glue stick
What to do:
- Cut out the white paper candy canes.
- Cut the red paper into small strips, creating ten for each student.
- Give each student a paper candy cane.
- After each turn or answer, give the student a red strip of paper. This continues until all ten of his or her strips have been earned.
- The student can then glue one red stripe onto his or her candy cane for each of the next ten turns.
- Trim the extra red off of the sides of the candy canes and have the students write their names and the year on the back.