What’s more fun than a pile of presents? By using this activity, which is fantastic for many different skills and therapy groups, you will certainly get your students’ attention!
What to do:
- Wrap boxes of similar size and shape in the same wrapping paper.
- Put a number 1, 2, or 3 on the bottom of each present. You can use gift tags or just write the numbers on the bottom with a marker.
- Place the presents on the table where the students can reach them.
Ideas for use:
- Have a student pick a present to determine how many items to name in a category or how many words or sentences to produce with a target sound.
- After a student produces a correct response, have him/her pick a box to determine how many moves to go on a game board, such as our Christmas Game Board.
- Have teams answer questions and then each pick one present. The team who picked the box with the highest number gets a point.
Try to find boxes of the same size and shape to make it harder for your students to remember which ones have the highest numbers. If you think they will still figure it out, try putting out only some of the presents at first and then switching some of them with different ones after a little while. You can also place the presents in a gift bag and have them pick from it without looking.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!